Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas TV Viewing

Hi there

On Christmas Day I was going to a restaurant for lunch, so was all dressed up, makeup as perfect as I could get it,  hair shiny bright, and i was filling in time before I left the house.  I switched on the tv to see what film was on.

It was the Winona Ryder version of "Little Women".  Now, I'd loved the book as a young girl so I knew the plot well.  I tuned in exactly at the most sad part of the whole story.  The tears poured down my cheeks.

Darn.  I hared off to the bathroom to wash my face and re-apply my make-up.  I returned to the movie.

And more tears.

Back to the bathroom, back to my make-up bag and, then, back to the movie.

I was sure that it would be safe now to finish watching.  No more traumatic happenings that I could recall.

But that last scene had me blubbering, and sniffing, and wailing, and all but hiccuping.  Kudos to the scriptwriters, and a big thank you to the ghost of Louisa May Allcott for the book.  

And I sure made Max Factor's day..


No comments:

Post a Comment