Saturday, March 26, 2016

It's Easter Sunday

Hi there

Well, it's Easter Sunday here in New Zealand.  In attempting a power walk this morning, I passed St Aidan's church.  There was a mingle of people outside, and they all smiled and waved at me, calling out "Happy Easter!"

And I was in a lovely mood for the rest of the day.

My mother used to tell me how on Easter Sunday, people in their thousands would promenade around Oriental Bay in Wellington in their best clothes.  Of course, the women were wearing Easter bonnets.

Wouldn't it be great if we could do this once more?  I would love to wear a posh titfer and parade around Oriental Bay. People parade in casual attire around Oriental Bay now in summer weekends, but let's take it up a notch,  yes,  dress in our Sunday best, have a true Easter Sunday promenade again?

One of my favourite old movies is "Easter Parade".  The song "In your Easter Bonnet" sung by Judy Garland and Fred Astaire is great;  they truly promenade.







No comments:

Post a Comment