Saturday, October 1, 2016

Reading - which way is best?

Hi there

A few years ago, I used to go to the library two or three times a week.  I couldn't stand to pass the library without going into the building and getting books out.  When I've ever moved house, I've had four locality requirements.  I would have to be near a supermarket, a bus stop, a Post Shop, and a library.

Then I bought a Kindle Reader.  Now I probably visit the library only once or twice a month because I am soooooo hooked on my Kindle. It's addictive.  And expensive.

"But I love the tactile feeling of a book!"  A friend throws her hands up in horror.  She is stunned that I could abandon print and paper so easily.  "I love feeling the crisp pages," she says.

Yes, I am definitely looked on as some sort of traitor against a cause.

And today I was chatting to a stranger, sort of in passing, and I mentioned my Kindle addiction.

He said, in all seriousness, "Who reads anymore?"  Apparently, television, streaming, On Demand, Netflix were all more important to this guy.

So, I'm old-fashioned nowadays for reading my Kindle?  Oh dear, how sad ..

(This piece of writing brought to you by one-fingered typing on my Kindle Fire)

No comments:

Post a Comment