Thursday, December 27, 2012

Jellyfish at Hataitai Beach

This afternoon, I peered intently at the water at Hataitai Beach, Wellington.   Yesterday and the day before there'd been jellyfish there.  The water looked clear today and it was so beautiful to look at.  Absolutely flat, I felt I could almost walk on it.  So, I shook off all my jellyfish fears and jumped in.  Well, I waded actually, it was sort of low tide. 

"Oooh, yes, this is lovely."  I swam lazily, aiming for the fourth tree across the bay.  The fourth tree is my turning point.  I kicked a jellyfish.  Yiick.  Oh, well, it was just one.  I turned back again, not a sign of any more jellies.   I got back to the starting point at the bottom of the stairs.  I was back in happy mode again.  I could do umpteen more widths.  But then - yeeeechhh! - I actually grasped a saucer sized transparent jellyfish.

That was it.  With a girlie shriek, I fled the water.   Fast!   

Let's hope The Invasion of the Jelly Monsters will be over in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment