Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013!!!!!!

Well, another year has gone by, and another year ahead of us.  So, happy new year to the two people who read this blog!  If I thought for one moment that more than 2 people were reading this, I would scream with embarrassment, quickly slam shut the laptop lid ,and never sign in to the site again.

Every year, more and more of my fave film stars and singers that I loved as I was growing up, are dying.  They were all, maybe, just a little bit older than me, or the same age.  How sad.

When I was a young teen, I fell in love with James Darren. I first saw him in "Gidget".   Goodness, I loved him so much (he came third, in my estimation, after Elvis Presley and Sal Mineo).  I was so happy when he got a leading role in a Star Trek series.  When I was in Las Vegas three years ago, I paid (yes, yes, I did, I did!!!) to have a Star Trek "Beam Me Up" Breakfast with him and about 50 other fans.  He moved from table to table to talk to us, a bit like speed dating, probably.  Because the others on the table knew how much I adored him, they let me monopolise him.  And, do you know what?  He is just as gorgeous now as he ever was back in the early 60's.  I also went to a show of his where he sang a whole lot of Sinatra-type songs, and he was totally divine.  (Totally divine?  Goodness I've retro'd back to the 40's).

I've been doing a lot of reading these holidays on Kindle.  For the first 6 months I only bought free books, then I wandered up into the $1.99 league and, oh dear, now I'm spending $2.99.  Where will this addiction end? 

I went swimming this morning (January 2, NZ time).  The waves were ferocious around Oriental Bay and there was nobody there, but at Hataitai Beach it was quite calm.   If J and I are swimming separately we try to write messages on the floor of the changing sheds to tell each other that we've been there.  Last week, apparently, J spent some time sculpting her initials with twigs and shells and leaving it on one of the seats in the changing rooms - a piece of artistic work I missed completely. 

We've completed our "at least 5 swims a month for 2012.  I am so happy and excited about this.   J presented me with my certificate - she has one, too - and the annual cup.  What a weight of our minds.  What will be this year's challenge, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment