Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas in Whakatane and Te Puke

Hi there
Whilst I was away I chanced upon the annual Christmas Parade in Whakatane.  What a change from the big budget Auckland or Wellington Christmas Parades where money seems to be no object. 

The small town Whakatane Christmas Parade was composed mainly of little children bundled onto utility trailers that were being towed by tractors or 4 wheel drives. There was a lot of tinsel and balloons.. 


 

 
 
I stopped at small town Te Puke.  Their postie certainly delivers the mail in Christmas style.



I do love Whakatane and Ohope Beach.  I stayed right next to the beach at Ohope and chugged over the hill (about 5 minutes) to shop at bigger Whakatane.

Here's a pic of me just before starting off, with a friend on a hill hike in Ohope.  I loved the idea of being a wandering kiwi.  And yes, - YES! - my heel is 99.9% better.  Whoopeee......

No comments:

Post a Comment