Monday, July 28, 2014

I'm off to Las Vegas!

Hi there
My house-sitting friend and her husband arrived down from Auckland last night.  I had to move all my things-to-be-packed off the lounge sofa.  I had to clear the floor of a lot more stuff.  I had to gather up dozens of to-do lists from the dining table. 

I had to act welcoming when what I truly wanted to frantically do was have yet another fashion parade around the house.  I still can't decide what clothes to take to Las Vegas.  When it all has to fit into one cabin bag that is only allowed to be a certain height, width and length, and weigh no more than 7kg, let me tell you it all takes some doing.

The other day my swimming friend, J, made some joke about me having fashion parades throughout the night.  I laughed hearitly with her and tried not to remember that I leapt out of bed at 2 am the other morning to try on a tunic that was tucked away in a box at the top of the wardrobe.

I even trotted over to Wellington Airport with my cabin bag stuffed full of two cushions to ensure it would fit in one of those little crates that the airline people put out.  If a bag doesn't fit, it won't be allowed on the plane.

Anyway, I'm off tomorrow.  Las Vegas buffets, here I come!!!!

See you in two weeks.   

PS:  don't forget me......



No comments:

Post a Comment