Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Doing Crosswords

Hi there

I was doing a crossword the other day and the clue said:  "Aged, in one's ....."?

Immediately, I thought the word "Prime".  'Prime' was me, most definitely.  I was as prime as a cut of  beef. 

But the five letters for the word 'Prime' wouldn't fit in the six letter gap.

Gradually, as I did more and more of that crossword, the correct word came into being .....

dotage !!!!!!

What?  The word 'aged' means that I'm in my 'dotage'? 

No, no, never.   I can still think clearly (most of the time).  I gym, I swim, and now that I've got over the dreaded plantar fasciitis of the foot, I walk seemingly endlessly over the hills and dales of Wellington. 

Oh dear...  For the love of little bunnies ...  Goodness gracious me ....  Heaven's-to-Betsy ...   ##???**!!**-bleepity-bleep-bleep!!!!!

Crosswords do tend to breed cross words.


No comments:

Post a Comment