Thursday, February 14, 2013

Wizard's Guide to Wellington Book Launch



My friend, A J Ponder had a  launch for her children's book, "The Wizard's Guide to Wellington" this evening.  At the Rona Gallery & Book Store in Eastbourne.  There was also an art competition with the theme 'The Magic of Wellington' to coincide with the book launch.

A J did a nice reading from the book, and a good speech.  The book is selling like hot cakes.  It can be bought also at The Children's Bookshop in Kilbirnie.  Other shops later.

My swimming buddy, J, won a prize for her painting of Oriental Bay at night.

One of my fave paintings - it also won a prize - was by a young man, Brendan Grant.  He did a picture of the Embassy Theatre at Courtenay Place.  It was set two days before "The Hobbit" premiere and even had the 2-days-to-go countdown clock in it, plus the notice above the theatre entrance that also announced "2 days to go".Here's a photo of the painting.  What a lovely painting, Brendan.  I wish I knew how to make it bigger so everyone could all see it much more clearer.

Here's also a photo of my friend A.J. Ponder, taken toward the end of the evening.








No comments:

Post a Comment