Thursday, May 23, 2013

Never Eat Marshmallows in Bed!

Hi there
I'm not truly on a diet.  I'm on more of a 'cut-down'.  I'm trying to stop eating potatoes and cheese sandwiches:  my two eating downfalls.  I'm not succeeding very well.  Yes, I've cut down on the potatoes, but in their place I seem to be eating more cheese sandwiches.  In the old days - two months ago - I would have one cheese sandwich a day.   Now, I'm eating three cheese sandwiches a day.  Obviously, my body's way of telling me I have to make up for the potatoe famine.

I also allow myself to eat a few marshmallows a couple of times a week.  I figure that marshmallows are puffy and lightweight so they can't have many fat grams, or calories, or heaviness .  Right?

I happily took half a dozen marshmallows to bed with me last night and commenced to watch the new tv series, 'Arrow'  (yeah, yeah, I'm a fantasy and SF freak, get over it).  When I woke up this morning,, I thought "Funnnny ... I'm sort of glued to the bottom sheet."

One marshmallow had escaped.  (Aside:  always count every single marshmallow before hopping into bed).

I peeled myself off the sheet to find sticky sugary pink everywhere!  Who knew one lone marshmallow could explode into so much of a mess.   Never buy jumbo-sized marshmallows, even if, in truth, you can get away with pretending that you're only eating six whereas - and I hate admitting this and don't you, my four readers, tell anyone - I'm really eating twelve!

I had to thoroughly wash two sheets, one nightie and my sticky messy pinky sugary body, all at four o'clock in the morning.

Marshmallows are off the menu for the foreseeable future.



I thought you might like to see the main crossroads in my suburb of Miramar, Wellington, New Zealand.   You can buy packets of marshmallows at the New World Supermarket just down the road - I advise you not to.


No comments:

Post a Comment