Friday, July 26, 2013

5th swim for July at Hataitai Beach

Hi there

J and I got in our fifth swim for July.  It's a bit of a drag having to plod ... and plod .... and plod forever out into the water before it even gets up to our waists but the swim is always worth it, and it's even more so when we get out from the water - we are on such a high!   J was saying yesterday it's a good thing that dozens, hundreds of others haven't discovered the joys of winter swimming.  Then, we'd just be two of many.  It's real nice to have the beach to ourselves without paddle-boarders, kayakers, rowers, yachters, other swimmers, jellyfish, and stingrays.

I'm still trying to persuade my Auckland friend not to wimp out about house-sitting for me when I'm in LA and Vegas.  Psheww, what's an earthquake or two!  Wellington is as safe as houses.... whoops, wrong comparison: houses are not all that safe during earthquakes, are they?.   However, stand by, I am sure I can wear my friend down.  She and her husband have already purchased their plane tickets, months ago.

I went to the Roxy Cinema, in Miramar, Wellington.  They have this really old piece of movie apparatus on display.  Nowadays you can get moving pictures out of  a hand-held camera.  Isn't it totally incredible how far the world has come with technology?


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment