Tuesday, July 14, 2015

More about Hataitai Beach Jellyfish

Hi there

Yesterday, I bravely informed my friend, J, that if we swam at Hataitai Beach she would have to protect me from the jellyfish.

"How?" she asked.

"Swim in front of me, blazing a trail. Those cowardly jellies will skitter away at the might of your formidable frontal attack".  I would follow closely in her wake...

We decided on swimming way over the right side of the bay because the grounded jellyfish had beached themselves more on the left.   Thong man was our test subject in the water; when we didn't hear any surprised yelps or yips coming from his direction, we gingerly got into the sea.

Not one jellyfish bombarded us, though I swear the entire swim was accompanied by the theme music from "Jaws".

The pair of us scuttled out of the water, too cold to even remember - until we were at my house in front of a heater - to hi-five for our five swims in July.  We wore our light t-shirts for the first time this winter.






No comments:

Post a Comment