Thursday, July 16, 2015

Whoops, my carparking incident

Hi there


A few weeks ago, I drove into the Countdown Supermarket Carpark in Kilbirnie at 11.30 a.m, and I left their carpark at 12.25 pm.  The parking notice said I could park for an hour and a half.

I reached the beach at 12.32 pm to discover a parking ticket flapping away under my car's windscreen wiper!  Unbeknown to me, and by some magic trick, my car had sat in the Countdown carpark for over the legal hour and a half.  Naughty car, I would have to smack it's bottom. 

(I had been told several years earlier  that the Wilson's Carpark people patrolled the Countdown Carpark one day a week;  I wonder if one day a week is still the case, or has the situation been amped up?)

Anyway, I wrote a letter to Wilson's and pleaded my case.  They informed me that after deep reflection they would waive my $45 fine.  Phewww!

Just to let you Wellingtonians know.  Be alert ....









No comments:

Post a Comment